Reader Favorites: 2016’s Top 5 Posts
January 18, 2017 | |
Happy New Year! We’re kicking off 2017 with a look back at our most popular 2016 posts. If you missed any of these reader favorites, make sure you don’t miss out again!
- Selecting the Right Rating Scales for Evaluating Job Analysis Task – The first step in developing a credentialing exam is to conduct a job/task analysis (JTA). A JTA refers to the systematic process of defining all job duties and tasks, knowledge, skills, and abilities, and other characteristics associated with a job or position.
- Validity, Test Security, and the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (AERA/APA/NCME) – Validity refers to the degree to which evidence supports the inferences we make from test scores. Validity is a process that results in a compelling body of evidence that the test did what it was designed to do, that the design was good, and that the resulting scores have meaning. Anything that corrupts the testing process or undermines the resulting scores also compromises that test’s validity.
- Multiple Choice Items – Can You Guess for Success? – One of the most common criticisms of the standard multiple-choice item format is that test takers might easily guess their way to a passing score. This blog explores the conditions under which guessing can impact the pass/fail outcome of a multiple choice test session.
- ISO/IEC 17024 Implementation Around the World – ISO/IEC 17024: Conformity Assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons was originally published by the ISO in 2003. The standard was revised and republished in 2012. Now that the standard has been around for 13 years, what has been the success, or not, of implementation of the standard around the world?
- First, Second and Third Party: What Does it Mean in Certification of Persons? – In ISO-speak, the word “certification” means: third party attestation related to products, processes, systems or persons. So what does third party mean exactly and how does it differ from first party and second party?
To all of our readers, thank you for taking the time to read and share our posts. We look forward to providing you with fresh content in the upcoming weeks.
Categorized in: PTI Updates